Sunday, January 10, 2010

My Dad- Hillary

This trip has been so good for for my dad and me.
I am so glad he came.

He seems comfortable, and that makes me feel comfortable.

It finally seems like we have gotten the hang of traveling. I am a proud traveler!
My dad makes us laugh. From his gas, to his terrible friendliness to strangers (who are usually trying to rip us off). He is learning, slowly but surely.

He is so easy to laugh with, but even easier to laugh at... When he ate that chile, because he thought it was a green bean, I about died from laughter. He about died from pain.

The way he leaves something everywhere he goes, is unbelievable!

He has diarrhea, we actually all do, but he is so funny about his "explosions."

He is an extremely friendly guy. I never knew just HOW FRIENDLY he is. He attracts people everywhere we go, and he always tries to develop a friendship with them. I remember when we first took a walk with him down the village road, he was waving and saying hi to everyone that passed. It was inspiring!

Being in India for long term, simple things like waving to passing people, start to fade.

I want to be ALIVE!

I want to leave India after six months, and still be reacting to things, like it was my first day in India, everyday. I don't want to become numb to the fact that I am doing God's work, experiencing moments after moments of a lifetime.

I love my dad.

He is aware of his weaknesses, he seeks change in himself, he is a committed follower of Christ, he cares about me. ALOT.

He loves home, more than I could imagine. He is seriously friendly, every time I leave him he finds a friend. He likes to plan ahead, but is terrible at it. He can adapt, just slowly.

He is just. Pure. Loving.

Dad, I am so glad I got this opportunity to finally get to know YOU.

4 comments:

  1. Hillary you crack me up. I love that your laugh comes quick and easy. Your dad seems pretty dang cool. Some day I want to meet him and experience this friendliness you speak of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a mixture of hilarious and touching. Diarrhea. And Dad. Laughter. And love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hillary, Hillary, Hillary. What a time we had! and how long I've watied to have this connection of our souls.God has truly blessed our trip in so many beautiful ways. Enriching our relationship and romancing our lives with all the adventure and beauty has become our final connecting in the presence of God. It wasn't a vacation and sometimes it wasn't pretty or comfortable. Sometimes it was downright shocking and scary. But we experienced it together with God's protection and guidance and it was the experience of my lifetime. That's saying a lot beings I used to be a rock star. You and I have something special between us for now and eternity. God is masterful in crafting His powerful love for us. Kati, you have my ultimate respect! You have so many natural traveling skills and you blew me away with how you used them so masterfully. I'll never forget about you recognizing our train coming on the wrong platform. I was about to lose it hanging out in that rat infested train station a moment longer let alone overnight waiting for another train. You are my hero Kati!! If it wasn't for your amazing sense of direction Hillary and I would still be wondering around Katmandu looking for our hotel. Hillary can go anywhere anytime with you and I'll never have to worry. Kati, you're a gift from God! love you guys> please stay safe and be smart in your service to the Lord. I intensely await your return. Paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you were able to have so much fun with your dad and kati travelling!

    ReplyDelete