Saturday, September 5, 2009

???


I am about to embark on one of the many adventures of my life. Many questions and thoughts have come to my mind as I think about leaving.
What am I going to experience?
What type of people will I meet?
Will I make a difference?
Although these questions are all important one question has stuck out in my mind the most during this whole process.
WHY DO I WANT TO GO?

There are many answers to this question.

Adventure.
To know what else is out in the world. A story comes to mind when I think of adventure. You might know this story, Ariel the little mermaid. She was comfortable living under the sea. Ariel knew every reef, every crab, everything there was to offer under the sea. But she saw that there was more than just the sea. She saw that there was land and wanted the adventure of exploring this new territory. This is how I feel. I want to get out in the world and have adventures.

Experiences.
Life is full of all kind of experiences. Each experience helps you to grow and learn in ways that no classroom or book could teach you. Throughout my life (which is not that long) I have had the opportunity to experience many different things. Each time I experience something new it leaves me wanting to experience more and more. I want to experience all that life has to offer.

Passion.
Ever since I was little, I have had a deep desire to help others, to do something bigger than just me. To forget myself and think of others. I want to satisfy this burning passion deep down inside.

Adventure, Experiences, and Passion, all good reasons to go on a mission trip, but I believe the best answer is because God calls. God calls each of us to go and serve. I don’t know what I am going to do. I don’t know whom I will meet. I don’t know what I will learn, but I do know God has a plan and a purpose for Hillary and I. God has a plan for each of us and I believe India is part of God’s plan for me. That is why I am going to India. The one question I have an answer to.

-Kati

No comments:

Post a Comment