Saturday, September 19, 2009

New friends

We have come to make lots of friends this first week, more than we expected actually. I think there are probably about 1,000 so far. It is interesting though, they are very comfortable around us and not to mention open as well! I mean, they eat with us right on our plate, they sleep with us, shower with us, lay on us, and even do crafts with us! They are not what most people would call friends, but bugs. Yes, that is right, we are completely surrounded by the oh so friendly insects in our new home. It is very interesting how Kati and I have handled this matter though. Back at home a trail of ants or few fruit flies are what we like to call, "the worst thing in the world!", but here we just look down, laugh, and keep on going. It is more of a laughing matter with Kati and I. As we were making crafts last night, the usual happened...Bugs came on to the table, and started to crawl into envelops to be sent back to America. I named our friendly beetle Carlos, and Carlos was not sneaky at all. It was quite obvious he was just making friends to get a way to America! Can you believe that?! I could not at first, but oh well that's life right? :)

2 comments:

  1. I sent you the article from B.C. on travel in
    India. But it arrived after you left. So, the city that I read about was Varanasi on the Ganges river. It looked amazing. It is one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world. It is also an important religious center there. Glad to hear you both are having fun with the bugs. As long as they don't bite, I hear that you can buy them cooked on a skewer there...You'll have to let us know how they taste :) mmm yummy
    Love the harmonica concert.
    - Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...you two are brave souls....not sure I could be as calm and accepting about the buggies...ewww!

    ReplyDelete