Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Fresh. -kati

Breathing into a paper bag.

I was out of fresh air.

I even walked around completly oblivious to the fact, that I actually was breathing.

That I am Alive!

Today I was given a new breath of fresh air.

Two small boys running around with a piece of string tied to a plastic bag, in order to mimic a kite, was... my new breath of fresh air.

The little kids pushing Hillary and I on the tire swings was... my new breath of fresh air.

The sound of little girls giggling and whispering... my new breath of fresh air.

India is my new breath of fresh air.

God gave me this new breath.

Sometimes, all we have to do is put down that paper bag, and take in a new breath of air, and realize, that we are truly alive.





5 comments:

  1. Kates, these pictures warm my soul. Especially that last one.

    May you breath many fresh breaths this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! These pictures made my day! What will my breath of fresh air be today? It's told here....really cold... :) You guys are inspiring girls. I know this experience is already changing you and attaching you to India and to service and even more tightly to your own insides and hearts. Love you both! Love EMily

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you both have the chance to experience and learn from this amazing adventure. As you enrich their lives ,I know your lives will be filled with love and life lessons from knowing your new friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Chicas!

    I love all your new posts! thanks for keeping in touch so well. I wish I could come and visit! Glad to know your both still smiling and getting comfortable there. I'm sure the people adore you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pretty impressed at the constant flow of inspiration coming out of you. watch out! India is CHANGING you...

    ReplyDelete